Friday, September 18, 2009

DUROA – Damansara Utama Residents & Owners Association

Our umbrella organization, DUROA, is currently focusing on the issues related to the new LITRAK upgrading project and the new proposed Uptown Development Project. Previously DUROA has been successful in relocating the night market in Uptown and other improvements within DU such as the par course in Zone B2 and Futsal court in Zone C.

Besides that, DUROA has also organised the annual Merdeka Celebration which is partially funded by MBPJ and the rest from its own limited fund (i.e. annual subscription of its members). Also DUROA had previously organised annual dinners for all Damansara Utama residents to get together and enjoy an evening of entertainment.

DUROA’s President is Rajes Raghavji and DUROA covers our Zone A, Zone B1 (area behind the Mosque up to Road 32), Zone B2 (from Road 34 to LDP) and Zone C (area behind BHP Petrol Station). Collectively, there are about 1800 households. Zone A represents about one third of the total households.

As DU Zone A comes under DUROA, we urge all DU Zone A residents to join DUROA by contributing a subscription of RM12 per year or RM100 for life membership. For the application form and payment you may contact:

Mr. Lim 012-3275 375 Mrs. Lim 017-8733 266

4 comments:

  1. Member Number - 337.

    We do not agree with partial closure (boom-gate at BG1) on working days. When coming back to our place using the Damansara Toll,traffic leading towards the mosque is already bad, with traffic being slowed down at roundabout, going towards LDP. When that boom-gate is partially closed, we cannot come in thru that entrance, forcing us to wait thru the jam to access the entrance at Chim Kindergarten.

    We pay for better security and not extra inconvenience on weekdays, causing unnecessary stress.

    Partial closure after 8 pm and on weekends is acceptable as traffic flow is okay during weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a resident living at SS21/22. I was having a drink with my brother at the park behind my house. I noticed the security guard was patroling around and watching us. This I have to say is 2 thumbs up for me. The security guard even stopped and asked me what am I doing here. They are very hardworking and dedicated to do so. I told him I am a resident and he ensured himself by looking at my IC. All I have to say is keep up the good work. We need dedicated security guards like them to ensure our safety living in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Lilian Liang, I've been living in this residence for more than 20 years. I do not mind this little inconveniences going through heavy traffic than having someone to break into your home. Maybe you have not experienced someone breaking into your home and stealing your belongings. I've even seen snatch thefts many occasions during the peak hours. Let's just bare with this little inconveniences as long as your safety is assured.

    ReplyDelete